Evening Bloggers (I say this I haven't any followers yet, so hello blank space)
Essentially this is my first proper post, and this is my first recipe.
So last night I decided to make caramel shortbread which my lovely brother taste tested today :)
Here are the ingredients you will need :
For the shortbread
- 175 g plain flour, sifted
- 150 g salted butter
- 50 g caster sugar
For the topping
- 175 g butter
- 175 g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 x 400 g can condensed milk
- 200 g chocolate, broken into pieces( I chose Kraft Milka Chocolate)
Method1. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Line a 20cm x 24cm baking tray with parchment paper.
2. For the shortbread: pulse the shortbread ingredients together in a food processor until a rough dough forms (do not overmix). Press the dough evenly into the lined baking tray and chill in the refrigerator for half an hour or so.
3. When chilled, bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden-brown and crisp, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Before going in to the oven:
4. To make the topping, place the butter, sugar, syrup and condensed milk into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the butter has melted.
5. Bubble the mixture gently for five to eight minutes, stirring all the time until thick and fudge-like. Pour over the cold shortbread in an even layer. Leave to cool.
6. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
7. Pour the chocolate over the toffee and leave to set. Cut into small squares and store in an airtight tin.
There you have it Caramel Shortbread
Thanks for Reading :)