Moist Chocolate Cake
Firstly apologies for my lack of posts over the past two weeks, things have been quite hectic work wise. Tonight however I got a chance to do some baking. I decided to try out a chocolate cake recipe I saw on taste.com.au a few weeks ago. Well let me say it produces the most luscious and moist chocolate cake I have tasted. Its simple and easy like my Lemon Drizzle cake below.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 4 Dessert Spoons cocoa
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped( I used 70 % Lindt Chocolate)
- 225g unsalted butter, softened, chopped
- 220g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 125ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (don't let bowl touch water). Cool slightly.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- With beaters on medium speed, add vanilla, then add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour in cooled chocolate and beat until well combined.
- Beat in a third of sifted ingredients, followed by a third of the milk. Repeat until all ingredients are incorporated, beating until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the pan and bake for 55-65 minutes until risen and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto rack to cool completely.
I hope you try this out an enjoy it :)
Thanks for reading