Ingredients (makes 20)
450g caster sugar
1 small bottle of red colouring
1kg icing sugar
A few spoonfuls of Milk
1 small bottle of green colouring
1) Cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
2) Whisk in one egg at a time.
3) Sieve in your flour whisking as you go.
4) Add the colouring and whisk till all evenly distributed.
5) Spoon mix in to cupcake cases and bake at 180c for 25 mins
6) Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least an hour.
7) Slowly whisk sieved icing sugar in to the butter
8) Add a few spoonfuls of milk to loosen the icing in order to allow smooth piping.
9) Add the red colouring and whisk till all evenly distributed.
10) Pipe your icing on to the fun cakes in whatever way takes your fancy.
Top tip: to make your butter soft for both creaming with caster or icing sugar, put it in microwave for 15 seconds, check it and if not soft enough put on for another 15 seconds. The butter will whisk easily now.
Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading,
PS : I have included a Christmas song to listen to whilst reading this recipe to help you know.. get into the spirit of it all