My Mum's Gingerbread cake
I absolutely love this recipe that my mum has passed down to me. It makes for the for best gingerbread cake I have ever had and she has been baking it for as long as I remember. Its simple to make and I am sure you will love it. Plus it makes your kitchen smell of Christmas!
225g plain flour
3/4 teasp of bread soda
1 teasp of cinnamon
2 teasp of ground ginger
100g dark muscovado sugar
150g dark treacle
2 eggs beaten
4 tbsp of milk
1) Sift the dry ingredients together in to a large mixing bowl.
2) Melt the butter in a pan with the sugar and treacle then add to flour.
3) Beat in the eggs and milk to the above mixture using a spatula or whisk.
4) Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf tin.
5) Bake 170c/160c fan / 325F / Gas Mark 3 for 1 hour and 25 mins.
6) Remove from the oven allowing to cool.
7) Serve slightly warm with butter or my fave custard, HEAVEN!
Thanks for reading this incredibly simple recipe,