I love cornbread its gorgeous, its a beautiful crumbly bread that has its origins in Europe but is most popular in the United States, especially in southern states. Today I bring to you Cornbread Muffins, they are so tasty.
I found this recipe over on this lovely blog today, Forbidden Rice Blog. I left out the Jalapenos, as much I love them, I know Joanne isn't a fan so I left them out.
Ingredients ( Makes 12 )
114g butter melted
114g unrefined cane sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
120g cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
150g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 190c/180c fan/375f/gas mark 5. Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Mix butter, sugar, buttermilk and egg together with a whisk.
- Sieve the flour, salt, baking soda, and cornmeal, mix to smoother slightly thick batter adding in the cheese.
- Spoon in evenly to each hole and bake for 25-30 mins
- Remove from the oven when brown, and springs back when pressed.
- Enjoy this simple simple recipe.