This soup is incredibly easy to make and its so tasty. I am staring at the screen now wishing I had a big bowl of it sat in front of me. I quite greedily ate two bowls of it yesterday!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 medium sized onion finely chopped
3 peppers ( I used the traditional traffic light colours here )
1 head of garlic
1 can of tomatoes
500ml of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 200c/180c fan/350F/gas mark 4.
- Slice peppers in to quarters and de seed. Drizzle in olive oil and place on a roasting tray skin side up.
- Slice the top off of the garlic bulb and drizzle some olive oil inside, place the bulb beside the peppers for roasting.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then transfer the peppers to a bowl and cover with cling film. This will make de-skinning easier. Set the garlic aside also.
- After 20 minutes, the skin should easily peel off the peppers. Roughly chop in to cubes.
- For the garlic, they should now just pop out easily from their skins. Roughly chop.
- Heat a saucepan, add 1tbsp of olive and sweat the onions for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and peppers cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, once boiled reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blitz with a hand blender or food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper, return to the heat, bring back to the boil before serving.
- Enjoy with some nice bread, I had some of my no knead lying around which you can check out here.
Thanks for reading,