Beef Fried Rice
It is meant to be opinion piece day but I have decided to go the recipe route today instead.
3 Peppers diced ( Red and Yellow )
3 Garlic cloves Crushed
1 Broccoli head ( Chopped small florets )
200g Minced beef
1 Large onion diced
120g Basmati rice
240ml of Boiling water
Light soy sauce
80g of Ketchup
1) Add the rice to a pan, add boiling water, and boil for 12 mins, or whatever way you normally cook rice. When done take off the heat and set aside.
2) Cook the broccoli for about 6-7 mins until cooked with still a slight bite.
3) Fry the onion for 2 mins, gently saute-ing on medium heat.
4) Add the garlic, and peppers cook for another 3 mins. When done set aside.
5) Fry the mince until well browned and cooked, approximately 5-6 mins.
6) Finally add the mince, rice, peppers, onion, garlic, and broccoli back to the pan. Adding about 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Bring back to heat.
7) Mix 100ml of light soy sauce, ketchup and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
8) Serve the rice, top with chopped scallions and drizzle with the sauce.
- You also can add some eggs in too if you liked.
- Whisk 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Heat a frying pan, add a little oil
- Add the eggs and fry like a omelette on medium high heat.
- When cooked roll up in to a roll and shred.
- Add the shredded egg in at step 6 above.